Online Courses & Modules
Accommodating the Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
The Ohio Valley Center for Brain Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation offers:
• Web-based training module for service providers:
• Accommodating the Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury (The training booklet was customized for use in Nebraska with permission.)
Brain Injury Association of America
• Fundamentals Certificate-new training for certificate program for non-licensed direct care staff and individual caregivers:
• Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS):
Concussion Recognition and Management
Six modules for Nebraska licensed health care professionals are a comprehensive overview and guide for best practices in concussion recognition and management to help ensure that every child sustaining a concussion in Nebraska is managed according to current best practices. Resources included.
Nebraska Traumatic Brain Injury Online Training, made available by the Council and Nebraska's federal TBI grant:
• Four no cost training courses address the causes, symptoms, and treatment of TBI (traumatic brain injury). Resource list included.
• Provider training manual:
TBI Provider Training Manual October 2019
OSU TBI-ID for Clinical Professionals
The Ohio State University Traumatic Brain Injury Identification Method (OSU TBI-ID) is a standardized procedure for eliciting a person’s lifetime history of TBI via a 3-5 minute structured interview. This training is free, along with additional TBI screening resources for professionals.